OTY believes that community services participation provides our members an opportunity to share their passion and musical talents with people who are less accessible or less fortunate. These experiences could be inspiring and rewarding and eventually enlighten their lives down the road.
For the past few years, members of OTY has proudly particpated in local community services at the following places :
- White Oaks Nursing Home in Woodbury 11/20/2004
- Jericho Public Library
- Bristol Assisted Living in East Meadow
- Jones Manor Nursing Home in Bayville
- Senior Care at Westbury
- Schneider Children Hospital
- North Shore Extended Care & Rehabilitation 12/5/2004 & 4/8/2006
- New York Institute of Technology "Patron of Art Program" 12/12/2004 & 12/18/2005
- Bank of New York in Syosset
- EAB/Reckson Plaza 12/17/2005
- Long Island Children's Museum 4/1/2006
The experiences were extremely rewarding. Members, parents, and audiences all found joy and fulfillments through the above activities.
OTY will continue involving its members with meaningful community services.
Letters of Appreciation for OTY's Community Service
- from The Long Island Arts Council at Freeport
- from Senator Carl L. Marcellino, the Senate State of New York
- from Rob Walker, Member of the Assembly, State of New York, Albany
- from Dodie P. Tschirch, Vice President-government & Public Affairs, Cablevision
- from White Oaks Nursing Home, 2003
- from Whiat Oaks Nursing Home, 2007